Furikake Hurricane Chex Mix
This is the best of sweet meets savory meets salty. Everyone loves Chex Mix... this is a Hawaiian-ized or should I say Hawaii-ized version. You can pretty much put whatever you like into this recipe so be creative. I really like the texture of Chex cereal so I use two different kinds: rice and wheat. I also love bugles so I added some of those...some macadamia nuts, butter pretzels and some arare (mochi crunch, kakimochi or rice crackers). The typical mixture is usually more of a savory mix, but this recipe has a more buttery, toffee-like mixture all mixed up with furikake. For those of you that are big fans of hurricane popcorn, you will love this!! Very Addicting!!!
- 1 box Chex Wheat Cereal
- 1 box Chex Rice Cereal
- 1 box Bugles
- 1 Package Butter Pretzels
- 2 Cups Island Princess Hawaii Chopped Macadamia Nuts
- 1 Package Arare Rice Crackers
- Pre-heat Oven to 225 Degrees
- In 2 large mixing bowls, divide up all of the dry ingredients
- In a medium sauce pan, add all of the mixture ingredients and cook over medium-high heat mixing constantly until mixture comes to a boil and the mixture comes to a thick consistency. Do not overcook mixture!!!
- Pour mixture evenly into each bowl of dry ingredients and toss it so it touches all parts of the mix. Bake for ten minutes, remove and sprinkle with furikake mix
- Bake in oven at 225 Degrees for 1 hr, tossing pieces every 10 minutes.
- Remove, let cool
Variations: Add whatever you like
For an extra treat, drizzle the mixture with Chocolate or White Chocolate after the mixture cools down.