This Hawaiian recipe for Oma Palaoa (Hawaiian Pancakes) is from the Cooking Hawaiian Style TV show on OC16. Be sure to catch Kuana’s episode on Cooking Hawaiian Style.
Rate This Recipe:
Kuana Torres Oma Palaoa (Hawaiian Oven Pancake)
This Hawaiian recipe for Oma Palaoa (Hawaiian Pancakes) is from the Cooking Hawaiian Style TV show on OC16. Be sure to catch Kuana's episode on Cooking Hawaiian Style.
- 3 large eggs
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 Tbsp butter
- Powdered Sugar for dusting
- Tropical fruit pieces Starfruit, Apple Banana, Papaya, Mango, etc)
- 1 Cast Iron/oven safe pan or skillet
- Preheat oven to 450°F. If you have a convection oven, set it at 425°F (the pancakes rise even higher on the convection setting).
- In a large bowl, lightly beat the eggs with a whisk or fork.
- Stir in the milk, melted butter, salt and sugar.
- Add the flour to the egg mixture, a big spoonful at a time as you continue to whisk. Be careful not to over-mix, to keep the pancake light and fluffy.
- Lightly spray a 9"-11" oven-safe skillet with cooking spray.
- Pour the batter into a heated skillet (this will yield a more golden brown, puffier pancake).
- Bake 12-18 minutes, just until the edges are golden.
- Check your pancake at the 12 minute mark.
- Top with the fresh fruit and whipped cream just before serving.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly. Top with butter, Starfruit or Papaya slices, dust with powdered sugar.
- (Serves 4 small or 2 large servings)
Calories: 286kcalCarbohydrates: 29gProtein: 16gFat: 11gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 290mgSodium: 456mgPotassium: 275mgFiber: 1gSugar: 6gVitamin A: 574IUCalcium: 165mgIron: 3mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!