I’ve been craving the idea of a taro pancake that is light and fluffy and I came up with this adaptation of various recipes… I think these came out quite well – they taste even better with coconut syrup.
Rate This Recipe:
I've been craving the idea of a taro pancake that is light and fluffy and I came up with this adaptation of various recipes… I think these came out quite well – they taste even better with coconut syrup.
- 1 1/2 cup flour sifted
- 1/2 cup taro tea power
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 tbsp. sugar
- 3 tbsp. butter melted
- 2 eggs separated
- 1 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons cold butter cut into small cubes
- 1 tablespoon natural purple food coloring (optional)
- Garnish with fresh fruit, Shredded coconut & macadamia nuts (optional)
- Whisk together the eggs yolks, sugar, butter, vanilla, milk and food coloring if you desire.
- Add flour, taro tea powder, salt and baking powder into sifter and sift into bowl.
- Slowly pour mixture into bowl and stir until smooth.
- Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold egg whites into batter.
- Add chopped butter and stir well.
- Heat a well greased large skillet over the medium heat.
- Goes perfect with coconut syrup!
Calories: 1882kcalCarbohydrates: 219gProtein: 99gFat: 54gSaturated Fat: 30gPolyunsaturated Fat: 4gMonounsaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 452mgSodium: 3712mgPotassium: 767mgFiber: 5gSugar: 74gVitamin A: 7908IUVitamin B1: 2mgVitamin B5: 3mgCalcium: 911mgIron: 32mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!