A very popular dish in Thai Restaurants, I love the classic Thai ingredients. Very fresh and clean. This dish should be served immediately.
Yield: 4 Servings.
- 1 lb. calamari or squid, cleaned, sliced
- 1 c. each sake, water
- 1 lemon, halved
- 2 c. won bok, shredded
- 1/2 c. carrots, shredded
- 1/2 c. fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/4 c. Thai basil, coarsely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 TB fresh ginger, grated
- 1/4 c. rice wine vinegar
- 2 TB each mirin sake, peanut oil, sugar, Aloha shoyu, fresh lime juice
- 2 tsp. sesame seed oil
- pinch red pepper flakes
In a small saucepan over medium heat, bring squid, sake, water and lemon to a rapid boil.
Remove from heat.
Let stand 5 minutes, drain.
In a mixing bowl; toss squid with dressing ingredients.
Refrigerate 30 minutes.
In a separate bowl, combine cabbage, carrots, cilantro and basil.