FROSTED MANDARIN PINEAPPLE CAKE
A very popular pot luck recipe, there are many versions of this recipe. Switch out the ingredients in the frosting to make it your own unique and different recipe. The original recipe is a crowd pleaser with the favorite flavors of pineapple, coconut and macadamia nuts.
Yield: 12 Servings.
- 1 (1 lb. 2.5 oz.) box yellow cake mix
- 1/3 c. vegetable oil
- 4 large eggs
- 1 (11 oz.) can mandarin oranges, with liquid
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 c. milk
- 1 (20 oz.) can crushed pineapple, with liquid reserved for cake
- 1 (8 oz.) container non-dairy whipped topping
- 1/2 c. coconut, flaked
- 1/2 c. macadamia nuts, chopped
Preheat oven to 350 degrees; light grease a 13x9-inch baking pan. In a mixing bowl, combine cake mix, oil, eggs and orange liquid.
Fold in oranges.
Transfer into prepared pan; bake 40-45 minutes.
In a mixing bowl, cream together cream cheese and milk.
Stir in pineapple. Fold in whipped topping.
Spread over cooled cake; sprinkle with coconut and nuts.