Sun Noodle's Homemade Saimin Soup Base
Kenshiro & Hisae Uki - continue their father's legacy of creating and sharing Sun Noodles from Hawaii. Kenshiro and Hisae (brother and sister) show us how to make Mom's homemade saimin soup. It is surprisingly easy to make and you will love the flavor! Visit their website at sunnoodle.com to see what innovations they are creating in the noodle and ramen world!
Yield: 1 Serving
- 1 lb. pork hock bones or pork knuckles
- 1 lb. chicken bones or wings or chicken feet
- 1/2 cup dried ebi (shrimp)
- 6-8 inches dashi kombu (dried kelp)
- 1-inch ginger peeled, crushed
- 4 stalks green onion tied in a knot
- 12 cups water
- 2 teaspoons salt or more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon Aloha shoyu
Put all ingredients in pot, bring to a boil, take off scum, then turn heat down to low and allow to simmer for 3 hours.
After 3 hours, strain and add 3 packets of S&S dashi seasoning.
Calories: 405kj | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 91g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 1349mg | Sodium: 9167mg | Potassium: 156mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 496IU | Vitamin C: 10mg | Calcium: 624mg | Iron: 10mg