Spam Potato Salad
It's a well known fact that Hawaii is the largest consumer of Spam. We put it in just about anything we can think of. This recipe is a great pot luck dish, makes for a nice table presentation with the colors of peas and carrots. A friend of mine made this recipe and tossed the peas and carrots in the dish, placed it under the broiler for 5-7 minutes and served it warm.
- 1 can (12 oz.) Spam, thinly sliced
- 6 hard boiled eggs, chopped
- 6 medium potatoes, boiled, cubed
- 1 C. celery, finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 C. head cabbage, shredded
- 1.5 - 2 C. mayonnaise
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 C. frozen peas, thawed, drained,
- 1 C. carrots, peeled, grated
In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients well.
Season as needed to taste.
Allow to sit refrigerated 30 minutes.
For service, add additional mayonnaise as needed
Transfer into serving dish.
Garnish edges with peas and carrots.
Calories: 340kcalCarbohydrates: 39gProtein: 5gFat: 19gSaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 16mgSodium: 668mgPotassium: 815mgFiber: 6gSugar: 8gVitamin A: 4321IUVitamin C: 46mgCalcium: 55mgIron: 2mg