This spam potato salad recipe is a great pot luck dish, makes for a nice table presentation with the colors of peas and carrots.
Rate This Recipe:
Spam Potato Salad
It's a well known fact that Hawaii is the largest consumer of Spam. We put it in just about anything we can think of. This recipe is a great pot luck dish, makes for a nice table presentation with the colors of peas and carrots. A friend of mine made this recipe and tossed the peas and carrots in the dish, placed it under the broiler for 5-7 minutes and served it warm.
- 1 can (12 oz.) Spam, thinly sliced
- 6 hard boiled eggs, chopped
- 6 medium potatoes, boiled, cubed
- 1 C. celery, finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 C. head cabbage, shredded
- 1.5 – 2 C. mayonnaise
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 C. frozen peas, thawed, drained,
- 1 C. carrots, peeled, grated
- In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients well.
- Season as needed to taste.
- Allow to sit refrigerated 30 minutes.
- For service, add additional mayonnaise as needed
- Transfer into serving dish.
- Garnish edges with peas and carrots.
How To Serve:
- Serves 10-12.
Calories: 340kcalCarbohydrates: 39gProtein: 5gFat: 19gSaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 16mgSodium: 668mgPotassium: 815mgFiber: 6gSugar: 8gVitamin A: 4321IUVitamin C: 46mgCalcium: 55mgIron: 2mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!