Kamaboko Puffs – Can’t find kamaboko? Imitation crab is a perfect substitute. Keep the kids out of the kitchen making this appetizer, as you will need to make a double batch!!
In our household…half of it makes it to the party.
- 1 (6 oz.) block kamaboko, shredded
- 1 can (8 oz.) water chestnuts, chopped
- 3 stalks green onion, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, peeled, grated
- 3/4 c. flour
- 1/2 tsp. sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2-4 TB water
- oil for frying
- In a skillet over medium high heat; warm oil.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, egg and 2 tablespoons of water.
- Add remaining ingredients, adding water as necessary.
- Drop batter by teaspoonful and brown on both sides.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Serves 6.
How To Serve:
- Serve warm.