Rate This Recipe:
Easy Garlic Chicken Salad
This salad is really addictive! It has literally replaced Chinese chicken salad in our family. We eat it a lot especially when won ton chips are available. I adapted this from my sisters family. Not sure where the original came from but we tweaked it up a bit.
- Won bok (napa cabbage) chopped
- Cilantro chopped
- Green onion diced
- Wonton chips (maebo or other), crushed
- 2 chicken breast or rotisserie chicken (shredded)
- 1 32 oz. jar mayonnaise (best foods)
- 8-10 cloves garlic
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 1/2 c. milk
- 1/4 c. white vinegar
- **Taste and add more garlic or sugar if like it sweeter.
- Make dressing and let sit for at least an hour.
- Pulse or zest garlic so it’s fine.
- Add other ingredients and blend well. Chill.
- Layer accordingly: nappa cabbage, chicken, cilantro and green onion.
- Sprinkle with dressing and top with won ton chips.
CAUTION: If you like garlic and chicken salad: Beware! You will end up craving and eating this salad often as we do. Definitely great for potlucks and family gatherings due to the inexpensive cost. Let me know what you think! Mahalo!
Calories: 1095kcalCarbohydrates: 131gProtein: 101gFat: 17gSaturated Fat: 5gPolyunsaturated Fat: 2gMonounsaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0.1gCholesterol: 304mgSodium: 582mgPotassium: 1950mgFiber: 1gSugar: 124gVitamin A: 330IUVitamin B1: 0.4mgVitamin B5: 7mgVitamin C: 13mgCalcium: 216mgIron: 2mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!