Hawaiian Pie Co. Portuguese Sausage Kim Chee Quiche
A quiche made with Portuguese sausage and kim chee baked in a buttery crust.
Yield: 1 Serving
- 10 large eggs beaten
- 1 Pint heavy cream OR half and half
- ½ cup Won Bok Kim Chee lightly squeeze and chop
- 1 pound Portuguese sausage cubed
- 8 oz. shredded Mozzarella cheese or shredded cheese of choice
- 2 (9-inch) deep dish frozen pie crust
Preheat the oven to 375 F.
Combine eggs and cream or half and half in a medium bowl, set on the side.
In a separate bowl mix together your Kim Chee and cheese.
Cheese will absorb any liquid from the Kim Chee.
Combine your Kim Chee, cheese mixture with your cooked Portuguese sausage.
Layer evenly in the bottom of both pie crust then pour equally the egg mixture on top.
Bake for 35-45 minutes until the egg mixture is set. Cut into 6 slices.
Calories: 4402kj | Carbohydrates: 31g | Protein: 179g | Fat: 397g | Saturated Fat: 197g | Cholesterol: 2978mg | Sodium: 6956mg | Potassium: 2002mg | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 11189IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 1783mg | Iron: 15mg