Garden Tacos Salad
Garden Tacos - A recipe by Carol Nardello - Author of a Sweet Dash of Aloha shares this healthy and affordable recipe presented by AlohaCare. Visit the AlohaCare website.
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 sweet onion, minced
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper, cored, seeded, and minced finely (optional)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 lime for zest and Juice
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped (optional)
- 2 (6 oz.) cans tuna packed in water, drained
- 8 large Romaine leaves, washed and stems removed
- 3/4 cup Cheddar cheese, grated
Prepare salsa in a medium bowl by combining the tomatoes, onion, jalapeno, garlic, lime zest and juice.
Mix well and chill until needed.
Combine drained tuna fish with prepared salsa, mixing well.
Spread out Romaine leaves and evenly divide filling among them.
Sprinkle with cheese and serve.
Calories: 835kj | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 49g | Fat: 60g | Saturated Fat: 38g | Cholesterol: 187mg | Sodium: 1133mg | Potassium: 1068mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 17g | Vitamin A: 4923IU | Vitamin C: 64mg | Calcium: 1360mg | Iron: 3mg