Garden Tacos – A recipe by Carol Nardello – Author of a Sweet Dash of Aloha shares this healthy and affordable recipe presented by AlohaCare. Visit the AlohaCare website.
Garden Tacos Salad
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 sweet onion, minced
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper, cored, seeded, and minced finely (optional)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 lime for zest and Juice
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped (optional)
- 2 (6 oz.) cans tuna packed in water, drained
- 8 large Romaine leaves, washed and stems removed
- 3/4 cup Cheddar cheese, grated
- Prepare salsa in a medium bowl by combining the tomatoes, onion, jalapeno, garlic, lime zest and juice.
- Mix well and chill until needed.
- Combine drained tuna fish with prepared salsa, mixing well.
- Spread out Romaine leaves and evenly divide filling among them.
- Sprinkle with cheese and serve.