Taro Brand shows us how easy it is to make local-style beef stew using their Just Enough line of Stew-Cut vegetables – Now making local favorites is easy with Just Enough!
Taro Brand’s Just Enough Beef Stew
- 1/2 lb. stew meat, cut into 1” pieces
- 4 cups water
- 2 medium red potatoes, cut into quarter pieces
- 1 package Just Enough Stew Carrots
- 1 package Just Enough Stew Celery
- 2 packages Just Enough Stew Onion
- 1 bag Taro Brand Poi*
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 cubes Beef Bouillon (optional)
- 1 cube Chicken Bouillon
- 6 oz. can tomato paste
- 2 cloves garlic
- In a large pot heat the oil and garlic over medium high heat.
- Salt & Pepper meat and cook 5-10 minutes until browned.
- Add water, chicken & beef bouillon, and tomato paste and bring to a boil. Immediately lower heat to medium low, cover and let simmer 1 to 1 ½ hours.
- Add potatoes and let simmer for 15 minutes.
- Then add “Just Enough” Stew Cut carrot, celery, onion continue to simmer for another 15 minutes.
- Stir in Poi and continue to simmer until thickened. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve over rice.