This dish is simply taking your favorite basic curry recipe (box kine) and switching up the vegetables. EASY! Instead of using potatoes I used pumpkin; any type of pumpkin should be fine or even butternut squash would work too. I added spinach for color as well as green beans for a nice crunch.
Most importantly, I used one of my personal favorite Japanese curry box which adds a little sweetness to the spices with apples and honey. Cooking, creating, and simplifying easy recipes with a new twist.
Rate This Recipe:
Beef Pumpkin Curry
- 2 lbs. cubed beef chuck
- 2 boxes House Vermont curry (a little sweet with honey andapples)
- 2 large carrots, chunked
- 1 lb. bag green beans or string beans, cut in halves
- 1 large onion, chunked
- 4-6 cloves garlic
- 1 bag of baby spinach
- 2-4 cups cubed skinless pumpkin (I use kabocha)
- Dust meat with a little flour.
- Heat a little oil and add 6 cloves garlic in pot and brown beef.
- Drain oil and add in 10-12 cups of water.
- Bring to boil and simmer beef until tender (about 1 hour).
- Add in remaining ingredients. Bring to boil again and simmer until tender (about 20 minutes).
- Finally, add in curry cubes, allow to thicken for about 10 minutes.
How To Serve:
- Serve over rice of course with a little katsu on the side is a winner too.
- Drizzle with sriracha if in the mood for fire!