Aunty Lilikoi & Salty Wahine Lilikoi Wasabi Mustard Potato Salad
This Wasabi Potato Salad adds the Hawaiian flavoring with a twist (and a kick) of Wasabi & Mustard to spice up traditional potato salad. Try it today!
- 5 medium potatoes chopped
- 1 teaspoon red Hawaiian Alaea salt
- 1 clove garlic
- 4 large eggs boiled, cooled and chopped
- 1- 1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 Tablespoon Salty Wahine Hawaiian Rub
- 5 sweet pickles chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Aunty Lilikoi Passion Fruit Wasabi Mustard (or your favorite Dijon),
- 1/4 cup sweet onion chopped .
Put chopped potatoes, clove garlic and red Alaea salt in pot.
Add water to cover potatoes.
Bring to boil and cook approx 10 min till potatoes are done. Don't overcook.
Cool (preferably in zip lock overnight in refrigerator, this makes it firmer for mixing plus you do not want to mix hot potato with mayonnaise).
Combine all ingredients, mix well, take care not to smash potatoes.
Chill well before serving. May also add macaroni if desired.
Calories: 1778kcalCarbohydrates: 251gProtein: 26gFat: 77gSaturated Fat: 12gPolyunsaturated Fat: 45gMonounsaturated Fat: 17gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 69mgSodium: 3589mgPotassium: 4828mgFiber: 26gSugar: 46gVitamin A: 1350IUVitamin B1: 1mgVitamin B5: 4mgVitamin C: 214mgCalcium: 289mgIron: 11mg