I love the two sisters from Salty Wahine and Aunty Lilikoi – they have been supporters of the show from the very beginning and finally were able to do an episode. This salad incorporate products from both companies: Salty Wahine Hawaiian Rub and Aunty Lilikoi Wasabi Lilikoi Mustard.
Rate This Recipe:
Aunty Lilikoi & Salty Wahine Lilikoi Wasabi Mustard Potato Salad
- 5 medium potatoes chopped
- 1 teaspoon red Hawaiian Alaea salt
- 1 clove garlic
- 4 large eggs boiled, cooled and chopped
- 1- 1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 Tablespoon Salty Wahine Hawaiian Rub
- 5 sweet pickles chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Aunty Lilikoi Passion Fruit Wasabi Mustard (or your favorite Dijon),
- 1/4 cup sweet onion chopped .
- Put chopped potatoes, clove garlic and red Alaea salt in pot.
- Add water to cover potatoes.
- Bring to boil and cook approx 10 min till potatoes are done. Don't overcook.
- Cool (preferably in zip lock overnight in refrigerator, this makes it firmer for mixing plus you do not want to mix hot potato with mayonnaise).
- Combine all ingredients, mix well, take care not to smash potatoes.
- Chill well before serving. May also add macaroni if desired.