A standard Thai rice noodle dish. Using very flavorful ingredients that have become easy to find in your local supermarkets. The Tamarind Juice adds a unique flavor. Enjoy as a meal or as a side dish.
- 1 (14 oz.) pkg. dried rice noodles; soak dried rice noodles; soak in hot water until limp; drain
- 3 eggs, beaten, cooked, rolled up, and shredded
- 1/4 c. vegetable oil, for frying
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 TB ginger, peeled, minced
- 1 red jalapeno chile, minced
- 1 1/2 lb. large shrimp, peeled, deveined
- 4 c. bean sprouts
- 8 oz. fried tofu, small ¼-inch by 1-inch slices
- 1/2 bunch garlic chives, chopped
- 1/4 c. (patis) fish sauce
- 1/4 c. tamarind juice
- 2 TB Aloha shoyu
- 1/2 c. white vinegar
- 1/4 c. sugar
- 1 c. ground roasted unsalted peanuts
- 1/2 c. cilantro leaves, lime wedges
- In a medium bowl, combine sauce ingredients; stirring until sugar is dissolved.
- Set aside.
- In a a wok or large skillet over high heat; warm oil.
- Add garlic, ginger and pepper; toss 1 minute until mixture is fragrant.
- Add shrimp and stir-fry until they are pink and opaque in the center, about 2 minutes.
- Add bean sprouts, tofu and sauce mixture and heat through.
- Add noodles and chives; toss well.
- When the ingredients are heated through, remove from heat.
How To Serve:
- For service: divide noodles onto serving plates.
- Garnish with shredded eggs, peanuts, cilantro and lime wedges.
- Serve immediately.
- Serves 4.