We all grew up enjoying Malasadas. I was fortunate that we lived near the neighborhood where our most famous bakery still was and still is today.
We all got excited when we saw that pink box coming thru the front door, we knew what we were about to get treated with.
This short-cut recipe comes from my Home Economics class. We all felt so proud to have made them ourselves, with bread no less.
7th GRADE MALASADAS
- oil for frying
- 5 slices white bread
- 2 c. Bisquick mix
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 TB sugar
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 c. milk
- 1/3 c. sugar, as needed
- In a wok or deep fat fryer; heat oil.
- Trim crusts from bread, cut into fourths, set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine bisquick, baking powder and sugar.
- Stir in egg and milk; mixing well to combine.
- Dip bread slices into batter; deep fry.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Roll in sugar.
How To Serve:
- Makes 20.