Rate This Recipe:
Baked Pineapple Spare Ribs
Baked pineapple spareribs made local hawaiian style. Sometimes mistakes in the kitchen make for a winner recipe. Credit for this recipe goes to a helpful goddaughter, so excited to be of help in the kitchen.
- 2 lbs. spareribs cut in 1-2" pieces
- water (enough to barely cover ribs)
- 2 pieces fresh ginger smashed
- 3 cloves garlic smashed
- 1/3 c. white vinegar
- 1/2 c. brown sugar firmly packed
- 1 c. water
- 1/2 c. pineapple juice
- 1/3 c . Aloha shoyu
- 1 tsp. salt
- 3/4 c. canned pineapple chunks drained
- Cook spareribs in boiling water with ginger and garlic; for 15 minutes.
- Drain; place ribs in a roasting pan.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients, except pineapple chunks.
- Pour mixture over spareribs; bake for 2 hours; stirring occasionally.
How To Serve:
- For service, top with pineapple chunks. Serves 4.
Calories: 801kcalCarbohydrates: 42gProtein: 37gFat: 53gSaturated Fat: 17gPolyunsaturated Fat: 9gMonounsaturated Fat: 19gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 181mgSodium: 1384mgPotassium: 763mgFiber: 1gSugar: 38gVitamin A: 24IUVitamin B1: 1mgVitamin B5: 2mgVitamin C: 8mgCalcium: 83mgIron: 3mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!