Chinese Style Barbecued Pork with Garlic Sauce – a local appetizer favorite, dressed up as an entree! This recipe is simple to make and very tasty!
Rate This Recipe:
Chinese Style Barbecued Pork with Garlic Sauce
A local appetizer favorite, dressed up as an entree! This recipe is simple to make and very tasty!
- 3-4 lbs. pork tenderloin
- 1 TB hoisin sauce
- 1 TB catsup
- 1 TB Aloha shoyu
- 2 tsp. garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp. sugar
- 2 TB Aloha shoyu
- 1 1/2 TB garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. chili oil
- 1/4 c. fresh cilantro, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees; line a shallow baking pan with foil.
- In a small bowl, whisk together hoisin sauce, catsup, soy sauce, garlic and sugar.
- Place tenderloin in baking pan and coat with hoisin sauce mixture.
- Roast in the middle of the oven 35 to 40 minutes, or until a meat thermometer inserted in center registers 160 degrees.
- Cool pork completely in baking pan.
- In a small bowl, stir together sauce ingredients until sugar is dissolved.
- Transfer pork to cutting board and cut meat across the grain into thin slices.
How To Serve:
- Spoon garlic sauce over pork and sprinkle with cilantro.
- Serves 4-6.
Calories: 305kcalCarbohydrates: 5gProtein: 48gFat: 9gSaturated Fat: 3gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0.1gCholesterol: 147mgSodium: 477mgPotassium: 996mgFiber: 0.5gSugar: 3gVitamin A: 683IUVitamin B1: 2mgVitamin B5: 2mgVitamin C: 4mgCalcium: 31mgIron: 3mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!