This delicious Coconut Milk Poached Lobster with Carrot Puree’ recipe was provided compliments of world famous Chef Chai of Chai’s Island Bistro.
Rate This Recipe:
Coconut Milk Poached Lobster w/Carrot Puree’
This delicious Coconut Milk Poached Lobster with Carrot Puree' recipe was provided compliments of world famous Chef Chai of Chai's Island Bistro.
- 2 16 – 20 ounces Kona Lobsters
- 2/3 qt Chicken stock
- 2/3 qt Coconut milk (Can)
- 1/2 tablespoon butter
- 4 stalks Lemongrass cut to an inch long
- 2 cup Carrot peeled and cut to an inch long
- 4 cloves garlic
- 4 cloves shallot
- 3 pieces bay leaves
- 1 onion cut to 8 pieces
- 1/2 tablespoon sugar
- Salt, and pepper to taste
- Paprika for garnish
- Clean and remove the tail and claws from the body and split the tail in half with the shell on.
- Poach the claws in boiling water for couple minutes; this will make it easier to remove the meat from the claw. Set the tails and claws aside.
- Cut the head to small pieces for use in the sauce, set aside.
- In a stock pot combine coconut milk and chicken stock and bring to a boil. Add carrot and cook for 7-10 minutes or until the carrot are cooked, remove from the stock and puree with butter. Season with salt and pepper to taste until it’s smooth. Set aside.
- Add Lobster head, lemongrass, garlic, shallot, onion, bay leaves, to the stock bring to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes to make sure the vegetables and lobster release their flavor to the stock.
- At this point the stock should be a little thicker from the original, season with sugar, salt and pepper and poach the tail and claw with a medium low heat for 2 minutes or until the meat are cooked. Remove the meat from the shell and remove the liquid from the stock, use as a sauce.
How To Serve:
- Serves 4.
- In a bowl scoop a tablespoon full of carrot puree and plate in the center of the bowl, top with lobster meat and sauce around it.
- Garnish with carrot leave and sprinkle with a little of paprika for color.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!