Mom’s recipe for sweet and sour spareribs.
Ma Abraham’s Sweet & Sour Spareribs
- 3 – 4 Lbs. Pork Spareribs
- 2/3 Cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1.5 Cups Water
- 2 Teaspoons Salt
- 1 Cup Dark Broen Sugar
- 20 oz Can Pineapple Chunks
- 1/4 Cup Aloha shoyu soy sauce
- 4-6 Cloves Garlic (Grated)
- Fresh Ginger (2" around) Grated
- Flour for dredging spareribs
- Oil for frying
- Cut spareribs into 1.5" pieces or have your butcher cut the ribs for you.
- Dredge spareribs in flour and fry in oil until brown. ** you may have to cook in batches to allow meat to brown**
- Remove spareribs from pan and drain excess oil.
- Place spareribs back into pan and pour all of the sauce ingredients over spareribs.
- Add pineapple chunks with juice into pan and cook for 1 hour covered and up to 1 additional hour with cover off until meat is tender and sauce is nice and thick.
How To Serve:
- Serves 4-6.