This delicious halibut with shiitake mushroom sauce recipe was provided compliments of world famous Chef Chai of Chai’s Island Bistro, Dining Out with Chai & Singha Thai Restaurant.
Rate This Recipe:
Halibut w/Shiitake Mushroom Cream Sauce
This delicious halibut with shiitake mushroom sauce recipe was provided compliments of world famous Chef Chai of Chai's Island Bistro, Dining Out with Chai & Singha Thai Restaurant.
- 7 oz fillet fresh Halibut
- 1/2 tbsp of flour to dust the fish
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 pieces pearl onions
- 1 tbsp white wine
- 1 clove chopped fresh garlic
- 1 small clove chopped shallot
- 4 pieces fresh shiitake mushroom
- 1 C. chicken stock
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1/4 tbsp paprika
- dash of sugar and Tabasco sauce to taste
- 2 tbsp heavy cream
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 c. Linguine pasta
- Season the fish with salt and pepper and dust with flour set aside.
- In a hot sauté’ pan add 2 tablespoons of olive oil and cook the fish on both sides about 1-2 minutes (light light brown in color) remove the fish and set aside.
- In another sauté’ pan with medium heat add one tablespoon of olive oil garlic, shallot and shiitake mushroom, sauté’ for 30 second deglaze with white wine then add back the fish and chicken stock season with oyster sauce, paprika, chili sauce and sugar and cook for a minute.
- Add heavy cream and butter stir for a few seconds and turn heat off.
How To Serve:
- To plate the dish, heat up the linguini and put on the plate as a bed and top with the fish and surround with the sauce.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
I served this over grilled striped bass and grilled wild coho salmon. It went quite well.
Loved it, second time I made, I substituted brandy for the wine, even better!