This delicious recipe for grilled salmon and truffle madeira sauce was provided compliments of world famous Chef Chai of Chai’s Island Bistro, Dining Out with Chai & Singha Thai Restaurant.
Grilled Salmon w/Truffle Madeira Sauce
- 4 Filet of Salmon about 6-8 oz each and remove pin bones
- 4 c. mashed potato
- 1/2 lb Asparagus blanched
- 1/2 lb King oyster mushroom slices
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp of white wine or chicken stock
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 c. truffle Madeira sauce
- 1 c. Madeira wine
- 2 c. veal stock
- 1 tbsp chopped truffle
- 1/2 c. butter
- 2 lbs veal bone roasted in the oven at highest heat for 30 minutes (this will give nice brown color your stock)
- 2 c. red wine
- 10 cloves garlic
- 5 cloves shallot
- 1 c. onion dices
- 1 c. carrot dices
- 1/2 c. celery dices
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 tbsp black pepper
- 4 spring fresh thyme
- Season the fish and season with salt and pepper, grilled about 3 minutes on each side or until the fish are cooked.
- In a hot pan with medium high heat add oil and mushroom and cook for couple minutes or until the mushroom turn to a light brown, drizzle with white wine or chicken stock add asparagus and season with salt and pepper.
- For plating add one scoop of mashed potato and sautéed mushroom and asparagus top with grilled salmon and sauce, garnish with fresh herb.
- Combine veal stock and Madeira wine, bring to a boil and reduce to one cup, turn the heat off and whip in butter, set aside and keep warm.
- Add roasted veal bones and fill with red wine and hot water until the veal bone submerse with about six inches of water on top, bring to a boil and remove all the scum.
- Add all the remaining ingredients and season with salt let it simmer for a minimum of 3-4 hours keep add more water if need.
- At the end you should make about 10-15 cups veal stock.