Calamari or squid is a great item to be used in salads. All the components of our familiar Lomi Lomi Salmon recipe with a twist.
Lomi Style Squid
- 1/2 lb. calamari or squid, cleaned, sliced
- 1/2 c. each sake, water
- 1/2 lemon
- 2 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 4 medium tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 c. green onion, chopped
- 2 tsp. Hawaiian salt
- 2 TB cider vinegar
- 2 TB patis (fish sauce)
- In a small saucepan over medium heat; bring squid, sake, water and lemon to a rapid boil.
- Remove from heat.
- Let stand 5 minutes, drain.
- In a mixing bowl; toss squid with remaining ingredients.
How To Serve:
- Refrigerate 30 minutes – 1 hour.
- Serves 2-3.