This delicious Miso Sake Salmon recipe was provided compliments of world famous Chef Chai of Chai’s Island Bistro.
Miso Sake Salmon
Miso Marinated Salmon Steak:
- Salmon Steak, deboned, skin-on, steak cut 7 – 8 oz. wt.
- 1/4 cup Miso, white
- 1/4 cup Aloha shoyu
- 1/4 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 cup Beer
- 1 Tbsp. Garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp. Ginger, minced
- Prepare salmon as noted above, evenly apply the marinade to the steaks. Allow to marinate overnight.
- Heat vegetable oil in a saute pan over medium heat, add salmon flesh down and sear until golden brown. Place skin down onto a sizzle platter and into a 400* convection oven roast until an internal temperature of 115* is achieved.
- Meanwhile, sear the bok choy in the sesame-vegetable oil at the start of the stir fry vegetable recipe. Once the bok choy starts to wilt, complete the stir fry recipe.
- Place rice at 10 o’clock and mound the stir-fried vegetable/bok choy on the rice cascading toward 5 o’clock. Lean the roasted salmon on the rice and vegetables. Sprinkle sesame seeds on salmon and place ginger rosette at base of salmon. Serve.