This is my favorite pasta and Italian dish. When the relatives are over or when there are lots of kids to feed, try this instead of spaghetti. They or anyone will love this dish. The Portuguese sausage really sets it apart and I like to add the lemon flavor to make this dish light and refreshing.
If you can’t find pancetta just use bacon and Portuguese sausage or even the smoked sausage you get in the freezer.
Rate This Recipe:
Pasta Carbonara Hawaiian Style
Hawaiian style pasta carbonara made with Portuguese sausage. This is my favorite pasta and Italian dish. When the relatives are over or when there are lots of kids to feed, try this instead of spaghetti. They or anyone will love this dish.
- 1/2 lb. bacon thin sliced
- 1/2 lb. pancetta diced
- 1 8 oz. stick Portuguese sausage diced
- 1 1/2 lb. Linguine Pasta
- 1 whole Large Onion diced
- 10 cloves Garlic minced or zested
- 1 cup White Wine
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 4 whole eggs
- 1-1/2 cup parmesan Cheese
- 1 bunch Parsley
- 1/2 stick Butter
- 1 tablespoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 large lemon optional
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- Brown bacon, half way done add pancetta and Portuguese sausage. Brown, down NOT drain.
- While the meats are cooking, cook noodles according to directions. When meat are browned, take out and drain on paper towel.
- Sauté onions in the bacon fat juices until translucent.
- After the onions have cooked for a couple of minutes, throw in the garlic.
- Remove from pan, drain on paper towel, drain all remaining grease.
- Place the pan back on high heat until it starts to smoke a little. As soon as the pan begins to smoke, pour in the white wine and deglaze.
- Add 1 cup of chicken broth. Return bacon, onion and garlic back to the pan. Let simmer over medium heat.
- In a large bowl add in eggs, ½ parmesan cheese and chopped parsley, mix well.
- Drain Pasta when ready, add to egg mixture. Toss well fast.
- Next add in meats and onions and butter, toss well.
- Pepper to taste.
- **I like to squeeze 1 whole lemon and a little zest into mine at this point.
- Garnish with parmesan cheese and parsley.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!