Hawaii Island designer Manaola Yap uses his hula and Hawaiian culture background as his foundation in creating his fashion designs and we were lucky enough to have him join us in the Cooking Hawaiian Style kitchen to showcase his lessor known culinary talent.
Rate This Recipe:
Lina Lina Pancakes (Cowboy Pancakes) by Manaola Yap
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup white or light brown sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 ½ cup water Coconut oil spray to coat pan
- 1 tsp Butter Vanilla ice cream (1 scoop)
- Cinnamon sugar (1 tsp cinnamon and 2 tsp white sugar mixed)
- Add flour, sugar and salt to a large bowl and whisk.
- Slowly add water to the dry ingredients while mixing.
- Add water until mixture is a gravy-like consistency.
- Heat your pan to a medium heat, grease with coconut oil spray spoon in your pancake mixture and fry.
- Butter the pancake then roll and cut in half.
- Top with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and sprinkle on the cinnamon sugar mixture.