Brother Noland takes us “back to the bush” on the set of Cooking Hawaiian Style making his manini soup.
Watch new episodes of Cooking Hawaiian Style Monday nights at 7:30pm HST with repeats all week on OC16 channels 12 & 1012. Get all of these recipes on http://CookingHawaiianStyle.com.
Rate This Recipe:
Brother Noland’s Manini Soup
- 1 or 2 manini
- 1 cluster of garlic crushed
- 1 onion rough chopped
- 2" piece fresh ginger crushed
- 1 tomato diced
- 4-6 cups water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Remove entrails from fish.
- There is no need to scale manini fish, the skin has a sandpaper like texture instead of scales .
- Rinse and clean fish and set aside.
- Fill medium sized pot with water, add all ingredients and slowly bring to boil.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper to taste.