A friend of mine brought this wonderful dessert to a gathering of friends, welcoming a newcomer to the islands. It brought a sea of laughter because it simply looked like an over the top “everything Hawaiian” dessert. But the laughter stopped as we all took our first bite!!
Anytime of the year, this Pina Colada Cake topped with rich coconut glaze and flecked with pieces of pineapple is a tropical treat.
Rate This Recipe:
Pina Colada Cake
- 1 package (1 lb. 2.5 oz.) yellow cake mix
- 1 package (3.9 oz.) vanilla pudding and pie mix
- 1 can (15 oz.) Coco Lopez Cream of Coconut, divided
- 1/2 + 2 C. + TB rum
- 1/3 C. vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- whipped cream
- pineapple chunks
- maraschino cherries
- toasted coconut
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees; well grease and flour a 10-inch bundt or tube pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cake mix, pudding mix, 1/2 cup of cream of coconut, 1/2 cup of rum, oil and eggs.
- Beat well
- Stir in pineapple.
- Pour into prepared pan, bake for 50-55 minutes.
- Cool 10 minutes.
- With a table knife or skewer, poke holes about 1-inch apart in cake almost to the bottom.
- Combine remaining cream of coconut and remaining 2 tablespoons of rum; slowly spoon over cake.
How To Serve:
- Refrigerate 2 hours.
- Garnish as desired.
- Serves 12.