Every household has a jar of pickled onions in their refrigerator. We enjoy it along with any meal. This pickled maui onions is an over the top version.
Pickled Maui Onions
- 1 lb. Maui onions, quartered
- 1 small Japanese cucumber, 1/4-inch wheels
- 1 small carrot, peeled, 1/4-inch wheels; par-boiled
- 2 Habanero peppers, sliced
- 1 C. cider vinegar
- 1/2 C. water
- 2 tsp. Hawaiian Salt
- 2 TB sugar
- Place onions, cucumbers and carrots in a quart-sized jar.
- In a saucepan over medium heat; warm vinegar and water.
- Stir in salt and sugar.
- Stirring until dissolved completely.
- Pour over vegetables; shake well.
How To Serve:
- Refrigerate 3-4 days.
- Makes 1 quart.