Simply decadent. Take this to a special occasion get together. A family favorite recipe for pineapple lovers.
- 1/2 C. butter, softened
- 1/4 C. sugar
- 1 C. all-purpose flour
- 2 Large eggs
- 1 C. brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 C. crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/2 C. macadamia nuts, chopped
- 1/3 C. all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Confectioner's sugar, garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees; lightly grease a 13×9-inch baking pan.
- In a mixing bowl, cream together butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Stir in flour.
- Press mixture into bottom of prepared pan.
- Bake 20-25 minutes, until golden brown.
- In a mixing bowl; combine filling ingredients.
- Spread over cooled crust.
- Return to oven; continue baking 30 minutes, until browned.
How To Serve:
- Cool before cutting into 36 bars.
- Dust with confectioner’s sugar.