It’s time for another Improv Challenge (a monthly recipe bloghop where Kristen @ Frugal Antics of a Harried Homemaker assigns two ingredients and all us participants get cooking.) And this month’s theme is…Fish & Chips!
Of course, this is the traditional British battered and fried cod and potato dish but part of the fun is to get creative with the two ingredients. Here I may have taken some liberty by using shrimp, which technically is shellfish and not fish fish. But fish will get its due in this post – no worries.
Recipe courtesy of Serena & Deanna of Teaspoon of Spice Website. Visit their site for more great recipe ideas!
Rate This Recipe:
Potato Chip Shrimp Cakes
- 1/2 pound raw large shrimp shelled, deveined and chopped
- 3/4 cup crushed potato chips
- 1 egg
- 1 green onion chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons white whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped cilantro
- Juice and zest of half of lime
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Sweet chili sauce for dipping
- In a large bowl, add shrimp, potato chips, egg, green onion, garlic, flour, cilantro, lime juice, lime zest and smoked paprika.
- Using your hands, form into 8 (2-inch) or 4 (4-inch) sized patties. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add oil. Once heated, add shrimp cakes. Cook for 3 minutes and flip.
- Cook for another 2 1/2 minutes or until browned.
- Serve with sweet chili sauce for dipping.