I remember the first time I tasted Beef Carpaccio. I ended up ordering a second dish to enjoy as my entrée. That particular dish was simply served with lemon juice and great olive oil.
I loved this version with the fresh fish and tastes more commonly paired with lox.
Rate This Recipe:
Salmon & Ahi Carpaccio
- 1/2 lb. sashimi grade yellow fin ahi (tuna), sliced paper thin
- 1/2 lb. fresh salmon, sliced paper thin
- 1/2 small red onion, sliced paper thin
- 2 stalks green onion, green parts only, sliced thinly diagonally
- 2 tsp. capers
- 1 lemon juice
- 2 TB soft tofu
- 2 TB catsup
- 2 tsp. each Dijon mustard, Worcestershire sauce, mirin sake, sesame seed oil
- 2 TB vegetable oil
- In a blender, combine sauce ingredients, adding oils last.
How To Serve:
- Arrange ahi and salmon on serving platter, top with onions and capers.
- Drizzle sauce onto fish.
- Serves 4-6.