A fabulous dessert with strawberries in season. I love the combination of the strawberries and coconut in the frosting. You will wow your guests with this easy recipe.
STRAWBERRY COCONUT LAYER CAKE
- 1 (1 lb. 2.25 oz.) box white cake mix
- 3 TB all-purpose flour
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 c. water
- 3/4 c. vegetable oil
- 1 (3 oz.) box strawberry Jell-O
- 3/4 c. fresh strawberries, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 c. flaked coconut
- 2 c. confectioner’s sugar, as needed
- 6 TB butter
- 2 TB fresh strawberries, chopped
- 1/4 c. flaked coconut
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees; generously grease 2, 9-inch cake pans.
- In a mixing bowl; combine cake mix and flour.
- Add eggs and oil.
- Stir in Jell-O, water, strawberries and coconut.
- Transfer into prepared pans, bake 40 minutes.
- In a small bowl, cream together butter and sugar well.
- Add additional sugar as needed for a spreadable consistency.
- Stir in strawberries and coconut.
- Invert one cake onto serving platter.
- Spread with half of frosting; top with second cake.
- Spread with remaining frosting.
How To Serve:
- Serves 8-10.