Cooking Hawaiian Style’s very own Chef Adam Tabura joins us with more amazing recipes including this easy-to-make tako (octopus) popcorn with a kim chee aioli. Chef Tabura continues to amaze me with his culinary creations.
Rate This Recipe:
Chef Adam Taburas Tako Popcorn
Cooking Hawaiian Style's very own Chef Adam Tabura joins us with more amazing recipes including this easy-to-make tako (octopus) popcorn with a kim chee aioli. Chef Tabura continues to amaze me with his culinary creations.
- 2 lbs. fresh Octopus (tako/he’e), cleaned and chopped thin
- 4 cups flour, for dusting
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup lechon spice, (the spice rack)
- 6-7 cups canola oil (for deep frying)
Kim Chee Aioli
- ½ cup kim chee, squeezed dry
- ½ tablespoon garlic, minced
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon calamansi or lemon juice
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped fine
- Mix flour, salt, pepper and lechon spice well. This is your breading for tako.
- Heat oil in a wok or large frying pan.
- Place flour in brown paper bag along with small amount of chopped tako.
- Close bag and shake until tako is covered in seasoned flour.
- Remove tako from bag leaving excess flour in bag. ( I use a screened bowl to shake excess flour off).
- Once oil is around 350 degrees, place breaded tako in oil and cook for 3-4 minutes or until golden brown.
How To Serve:
- Drain well before serving. Serve with kim chee aioli.
Kim Chee Aioli
- Mix all ingredients well.
- Serve with popcorn tako.
Calories: 14721kcalCarbohydrates: 420gProtein: 188gFat: 1383gSaturated Fat: 106gCholesterol: 453mgSodium: 2933mgPotassium: 3710mgFiber: 14gSugar: 6gVitamin A: 1608IUVitamin C: 55mgCalcium: 556mgIron: 71mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
- Advertisement -