Rate This Recipe:
Bacon Wrapped Mochi
Bacon wrapped mochi, a really delicious and simplistic pupu that can be grilled or deep fried and served hot.
- as needed mochi blocks cut into 4 squares
- as needed sliced bacon cut into 4 pieces
- as needed cornstarch
- as needed vegetable oil for frying
- 1/4 cup Aloha shoyu
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2-3/4 tsp. salt
- In a small mixing bowl; combine sauce ingredients.
- In a shallow dish; place cornstarch.
- In a skillet or deep fat fryer; warm oil.
- Cut each block into four smaller squares.
- Cut bacon slices in four pieces.
- On work surface; wrap each mochi square with bacon.
- Fasten with toothpick or skewer.
- Roll in cornstarch. Deep fry until browned.
- Optional to grill on a grill pan or over a charcoal grill; flipping regularly, until the bacon is crispy and mochi is puffed and browned, 20-30 minutes.
How To Serve:
- Serve immediately with sauce.
Calories: 229kcalCarbohydrates: 53gProtein: 6gFat: 0.3gSaturated Fat: 0.02gPolyunsaturated Fat: 0.1gMonounsaturated Fat: 0.03gSodium: 3251mgPotassium: 226mgFiber: 0.5gSugar: 50gVitamin B1: 0.03mgVitamin B5: 0.2mgCalcium: 20mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!