Rate This Recipe:
Vegetable Tempura Soba
Vegetable tempura soba, the perfect dish for rainy weather! Perfect noodles for daily healthy diet.
- 1 pkg. dried or instant soba cooked according to package directions, drained
- 4 c. favorite dashi
- chopped green onion,
- soft boiled egg
- 1 c. green beans slivered
- 1 small carrot, peeled slivered
- 1 small gobo peeled, slivered, soaked in water
- as needed Vegetable oil for frying
- 1/2 c. flour
- 1/2 c. cornstarch
- 1 medium egg
- 1/2 c. cold water
- In a saucepot over medium heat; bring dashi to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer.
- Divide noodles into 2 serving bowls.
- In a mixing bowl; sift together flour and cornstarch.
- In a separate bowl; beat together egg and water. Add liquid all at once into dry ingredients; mixing only until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Batter will be lumpy. Drop vegetables into batter by heaping tablespoonful. Gently separate.
- Fry until golden brown on both sides. Drain on paper towels.
How To Serve:
- For service; ladle dashi onto soba. Place tempura onto soba. Garnish as desired.
- Serve immediately. Serves 2.
Calories: 628kcalCarbohydrates: 112gProtein: 24gFat: 8gSaturated Fat: 2gPolyunsaturated Fat: 2gMonounsaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0.02gCholesterol: 164mgSodium: 1605mgPotassium: 864mgFiber: 6gSugar: 6gVitamin A: 5249IUVitamin B1: 1mgVitamin B5: 1mgVitamin C: 16mgCalcium: 231mgIron: 6mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!