Baked Crusted Oysters – Here in the islands, the way we grew up eating oysters was to simply grill them over charcoal and serve it with soy sauce, tabasco and lemon juice.
It is an item that is served at all cookouts. I came up with this recipe for baked crusted oysters on a rainy day….having cancelled our picnic, and now having to eat indoors.
Baked Crusted Oysters
- 12 oysters, in half-shells; cleaned
- 1 1/2 c. bread crumbs
- 1/2 c. Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 TB fresh oregano, chopped or 1 tsp. dried
- 1 TB fresh parsley, chopped or 1 tsp. dried
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 TB butter, melted
- 1 TB balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 c. olive oil
- 1 TB tomato paste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine topping ingredients.
- Press onto cleaned oysters, bake for 15 minutes then drizzle with oil mixture.
- Bake for 5 more minutes.
- Serves 4.
How To Serve:
- Garnish with lemon wedges.