This recipe for fried shrimp fritters was created as a botched up attempt at making shrimp tempura and vegetable tempura. There are never any mistakes or botched recipes, only creations of new dishes!!
- oil for frying
- 1 c. all purpose flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 TB sugar
- 1/4 tsp. white pepper
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/2 c. water
- 1/2 c. string beans, sliced
- 1/2 c. carrots, peeled, shredded
- 3 stalks green onions, chopped
- 1 c. shrimp, peeled, deveined, minced
- In a large skillet over medium heat; warm oil.
- In a mixing bowl combine dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, combine egg with water and add to dry ingredients.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Deep fry by teaspoonfuls until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels.
How To Serve:
- Optional to serve with favorite tartar sauce. Makes 24.