I am fortunate that one of our oldest Chinese Restaurants, relocated right into my neighborhood. While every Restaurant has this beef broccoli dish on their menu, I always seem to gravitate to it time and time again.
I particularly likes this Beef Broccoli Stir Fry recipe, with the added extra vegetables. I have even made it without the beef, using only the vegetables!
For those of you looking to eat healthier, I have been following a great new blog called well-being secrets. Helen Nichols writes really interesting and informative articles on nutrition.
Click on the link to find out more about her blog and her findings on the benefits of broccoli:
Rate This Recipe:
Beef Broccoli Stir Fry
While every Restaurant has this dish on their menu, I always seem to gravitate to it time and time again. I particularly likes this Beef Broccoli Stir Fry recipe, with the added extra vegetables.
- 1 lb. beef sirloin thinly sliced
- 1 TB vegetable oil as needed
- 1 head broccoli florets, halved
- broccoli stem peeled, thinly sliced
- 4 oz. snow peas trimmed
- 1 medium carrot peeled, finely sliced, slivers
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 TB Aloha shoyu
- 1 TB sesame seed oil
- 1 TB cornstarch
- 1 tsp. sugar
- white pepper
- ½ c. chicken broth
- 2 TB Aloha shoyu
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tsp. ginger grated
- 1 tsp. cornstarch
- 1 tsp. chili garlic paste
- In a small mixing bowl; combine marinade ingredients.
- Marinate beef 20-30 minutes.
- In a wok over medium high heat; warm TB of oil.
- Stir fry beef 2-3 minutes. Remove from wok, set aside.
- Drain oil from beef back into wok, add additional oil as needed.
- Stir fry broccoli florets and stem, peas and carrot 2-3 minutes until crisp tender.
- Stir in sauce mixture.
- Allow to simmer 2 minutes.
- Return to wok and stir until slightly thickened.
How To Serve:
- Serve immediately.
- Serves 4.
I prefer my dish a bit on the dry side, feel free to increase sauce ingredients if you prefer dish with lots of sauce for your rice!
Calories: 251kcalCarbohydrates: 10gProtein: 26gFat: 11gSaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 62mgSodium: 648mgPotassium: 526mgFiber: 1gSugar: 4gVitamin A: 2873IUVitamin C: 23mgCalcium: 43mgIron: 3mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!