I am fortunate that one of our oldest Chinese Restaurants, relocated right into my neighborhood. While every Restaurant has this beef broccoli dish on their menu, I always seem to gravitate to it time and time again.
I particularly likes this Beef Broccoli Stir Fry recipe, with the added extra vegetables. I have even made it without the beef, using only the vegetables!
Click on the link to find out more about her blog and her findings on the benefits of broccoli:
Beef Broccoli Stir Fry
- 1 lb. beef sirloin thinly sliced
- 1 TB vegetable oil as needed
- 1 head broccoli florets, halved
- broccoli stem peeled, thinly sliced
- 4 oz. snow peas trimmed
- 1 medium carrot peeled, finely sliced, slivers
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 TB Aloha shoyu
- 1 TB sesame seed oil
- 1 TB cornstarch
- 1 tsp. sugar
- white pepper
- ½ c. chicken broth
- 2 TB Aloha shoyu
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tsp. ginger grated
- 1 tsp. cornstarch
- 1 tsp. chili garlic paste
- In a small mixing bowl; combine marinade ingredients.
- Marinate beef 20-30 minutes.
- In a wok over medium high heat; warm TB of oil.
- Stir fry beef 2-3 minutes. Remove from wok, set aside.
- Drain oil from beef back into wok, add additional oil as needed.
- Stir fry broccoli florets and stem, peas and carrot 2-3 minutes until crisp tender.
- Stir in sauce mixture.
- Allow to simmer 2 minutes.
- Return to wok and stir until slightly thickened.
How To Serve:
- Serve immediately.
- Serves 4.