Chef Reno owner of Fresh Catch Hawaii has a line of bottled sauces. Black magic is a sauce like teriyaki which can be used for a variety of things. I tried his sauce for my teriyaki meatloaf which actually came out to be one of the best I ever tasted.
It even is better than my recipe which I usually make a teriyaki sauce myself. If you have not been to his restaurants I suggest you go and try his plate lunches or fresh poke. His flavor profile is amazing.
I plan on using his sauces in creating new dishes to share. Thanks Chef Reno for simplifying cooking for Cooking Hawaiian Style.
Rate This Recipe:
Black Magic Meatloaf
- 4 lbs. hamburger (lean)
- 3/4 cups bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup fresh catch black magic sauce (sold at foodland and fresh catch)
- 3 eggs
- 4 -6 garlic cloves grated
- 1 inch ginger zested
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- 1 cup ketchup
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix all ingredients in large bowl.
- Form into loaf and put in 9×13 baking pan.
- Bake approximately 1 hour 30 minutes, draining juices as it cooks.
- Top with ketchup and bake 10 minutes more.
- Marinade hamburger, sauce, green onion, garlic and ginger overnight.
- When ready to bake add eggs and bread crumbs.
- Bake approximately 1 hour 30 minutes.
How To Serve:
- Drizzle with additional sauce if desired. Leftovers are always great for appetizers.