This Malted Pretzel Crunch is a great treat for game night or just for snacking. Anything with malt will always and forever remind me of my mom because she orders a malt over a shake anywhere we go.
Recipe courtesy of Christy from the girl who ate everything website.
Rate This Recipe:
Malted Pretzel Crunch
- 4 cups salted mini pretzels about ½ of a 16-ounce bag
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup milk powder (like Nestle)
- 1/3 cup malted milk powder (see Note)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 14 tablespoons butter (1 stick, plus 6 tablespoons), melted
- Preheat oven to 275 F.
- Pour the pretzels in a ziplock bag and hammered them with a mallet – or anything hard, breaking them up into one-quarter of their original size. Add the milk powder, malt powder, sugar, and salt, toss to mix. Add the butter and toss to coat.
- Spread the mixture on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 20-22 minutes. It should look toasted a little toasted. Cool completely and break into clusters.
- Stored in an airtight container at room temperature, the crunch will keep fresh for 1 week; in the fridge or freezer, it will keep for 1 month. You can drizzle chocolate on top for an even more decadent treat.