Another great banana bread recipe by A DASH of Aloha cookbook co-author Alyssa Moreau. Recipe brought to you by AlohaCare. Visit AlohaCare.org to see how AlohaCare is involved in the community. This banana bread recipe is made a little healthier using whole wheat flour.
Rate This Recipe:
Banana Bread Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups Whole-wheat pastry flour
- 1/4 cup Wheat germ toasted
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. Baking soda
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon Ginger ground
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 cup Banana mashed-ripe
- 1 cup Apple mashed-ripe
- 2/3 cup Rice, soy, or almond milk
- 2 tablespoon Macadamia nut oil
- 2” piece Ginger fresh, pressed to extract juice
- *2 tablespoons Molasses
- 2 tablespoons Hawaiian lehua honey
- 1 tablespoons Ginger crystallized, chopped fine
- 1 to 2 tablespoons Golden raisins (optional)
- To make this banana bread recipe, combine the dry ingredients together and mix well.
- Blend together the banana, rice milk, oil, fresh ginger, molasses and honey.
- Add banana mixture to the dry ingredients, with the crystallized ginger and raisins.
- Stir until the dry ingredients are moistened, then pour batter into an oiled 9" pie plate or 8" x 8" baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes.
- If you try this banana bread recipe, be sure to leave a comment and let me know how your banana bread recipe turned out.
How To Serve:
- I love to pair this banana bread recipe with a nice cup of coffee or ice cold milk!