Korean-Style kim chee, potato pancakes using Hawaii’s favorite Halm’s kim chee and making a simple sauce using Halm’s new Korean poke sauce or sriracha.
Rate This Recipe:
Kim Chee Potato Cakes
Make easy Korean-Style kimchee, potato pancakes using Hawaii's favorite Halm's kimchee and new Korean poke sauce or sriracha at Cooking Hawaiian Style.
- 3 large potatoes shoestring cut
- 1/2 cup Halms kim chee chopped
- 1/3 cup plain flour
- 6 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Oil for frying
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2-3 tablespoons halms korean poke sauce or sriracha
- Peel the potatoes, cut into thin shoe strings and soak in lightly salted water for 5-10 minutes.
- Cut kim chee into small pieces being careful not to lose the liquid.
- In a large mixing bowl, add kim chee, flour, salt, pepper.
- Remove shoestring potatoes from the salt water, pat dry and add to mixture. Add enough water to form a pancake batter consistency. You can also add green onion to batter or garnish with green onions.
- Heat oil in frying pan over medium-high heat in about 1/2" of oil.
- When the oil is hot, spoon ¼ cup of mixture per pancake into frying pan. Cook two sides until golden brown.
- Serve hot with sauce on the side (optional).
- Mix mayonnaise with sriracha or halms korean poke sauce, chill and serve on the side.
Calories: 1149kcalCarbohydrates: 232gProtein: 28gFat: 14gSaturated Fat: 2gPolyunsaturated Fat: 8gMonounsaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0.03gCholesterol: 9mgSodium: 2671mgPotassium: 4847mgFiber: 26gSugar: 12gVitamin A: 157IUVitamin B1: 1mgVitamin B5: 4mgVitamin C: 238mgCalcium: 167mgIron: 12mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!