This Butteryaki with Teppan Yaki Sauce is a great family-style dining dish. Get out that electric grill that dad got for Father’s Day and make room in the middle of your dining room table. Everyone can pick and choose from the assortment of meats and vegetables. Fun, fun, fun !
Rate This Recipe:
Butteryaki With Teppan Yaki Sauce
A great family-style dining dish. Get out that electric grill that dad got for Father’s Day and make room in the middle of your dining room table. Everyone can pick and choose from the assortment of meats and vegetables. Fun, fun, fun !
- 2 lbs. top sirloin, thinly sliced
- 2, 8 oz. New York steaks, ½-inch slices
- 2, 6 oz. chicken breasts, boneless, skinless, cubed
- 12 large shrimp, peeled, deveined
- 2 large onions, ½-inch rounds
- 1 (8-9 oz) bag bean sprouts
- 2 medium zucchini, ¼-inch rounds
- 2 medium long eggplant, ¼-inch rounds
- 1/4-1/2 c. ¼-1/2 c. butter
- vegetable oil as needed
Teppan Yaki Sauce I:
- 1/2 c. Aloha shoyu
- 1/2 c. ½ c. fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 c. ¼ c. dashi
- 1/4 c. ¼ c. mirin
Teppan Yaki Sauce II:
- 1 c. 1 c. catsup
- 1/4 c. ¼ c. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 TB fresh lemon juice
- 1 TB mirin
- 1 tsp. wasabi paste (Japanese horseradish)
- In a mixing bowl; combine sauce ingredients.
- Makes approximately 1 ½ cups.
- On separate serving platters; arrange meats and vegetables.
- Place in central spot on dining table, easily reached by everyone.
- Use smaller platters if necessary.
- Heat griddle.
- Add oil and butter.
- Cook meats and vegetables to desired denseness.
How To Serve:
- For service: Transfer sauce into individual small serving bowls.
- Serve with hot steamed rice.
- Serves 4-6.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!