One of the biggest reasons to make Sin Choy (Pickled Mustard Cabbage) is to prepare this wonderful recipe. Sweet and sour, a very popular restaurant dish.
Char Siu Gin Doi
- 1 lb mochiko (glutinous rice flour)
- 3/4 c. sugar
- 2/12 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/4 c. water
- 1 tsp. gin
- 1/2 c. char sui, minced
- 1/4 c. dried shrimp, minced
- 1/4 c. green onion, minced
- 2 TB hoisin sauce
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. sesame oil
- 1/4 tsp. ground white pepper
- 1 c. white sesame seeds
- oil for frying
- In a mixing bowl; combine mochiko, sugar and baking powder. Stir in water and gin.
- Turn the dough out onto a work surface and knead until smooth, about 5 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, combine char sui, shrimp, green onion, hoisin sauce, salt, sesame oil and pepper.
- On work surface; divide dough into 20-24 balls. Flatten each piece with your fingers.
- Place a heaping tablespoon of filling in center of each piece.
- Pinch the edges together to seal in filling.
- Spread sesame seeds onto a shallow dish.
- Roll dough balls in seeds, pressing lightly to help the seeds adhere to the dough.
- In a large skillet or fryer, heat oil.
- Fry doughnuts; turning frequently until golden brown 6-7 minutes.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Makes approximately 20- 24 doughnuts.
How To Serve:
- Serve with favorite dipping sauce.
- Serves 4-6.