These mini shrimp toast bites pack a lot of punch and a lot of flavor starting with the garlic bread toast base which is slathered with homemade clam dip and topped with a spicy chipotle lime shrimp. You can make each component ahead of time and simply assemble before serving.
Rate This Recipe:
Chipotle Shrimp Toast Mini Pupu
- 1 lb. med shrimp peeled & deveined, tail on.
- 1 teaspoon chipotle seasoning.
- Salt to taste if chipotle seasoning has no salt
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- Juice of 1 fresh lime
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- loaf of white bread
- 1 block butter
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 block cream cheese
- 1 can chopped clams + juice (i prefer gorton's)
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
Chipotle Lime Shrimp
- Peel and devein medium sized shrimp.
- Add chipotle seasoning, salt, garlic, olive oil, juice from lime.
- Allow to marinate for 20 minutes.
- Grill and set aside.
Garlic Toast Rounds
- Take pieces of white bread and use a 1"-2" cookie cutter to cut pieces of bread into little circles. I prefer the smaller 1" bites.
- Melt butter in bowl, mince garlic and add to melted butter.
- Brush bread rounds with garlic butter and cook under the broiler until nice and golden brown. You can also do this in a frying pan.
- Allow cream cheese to soften at room temperature. Add cream cheese to bowl.
- Open can of chopped clams and pour clam juice into different bowl. Add clams to cream cheese and mix well.
- Slowly add the clam juice until the desired consistency is reached. You want the cream cheese mixture to be able to stand on its own without dripping. **Do NOT use the whole can of clam juice…it will be too runny.
- Add garlic salt and juice from 1/2 lemon.
- Chill for at least 1 hour before using.
How To Serve:
- Assembly – Take toasted garlic bread rounds, slather with a thin layer of clam dip and top with a piece of grilled shrimp.
- Garnish with green onion, or dried cilantro/parsley flakes optional.