This is my uncle Eddie’s recipe for homemade brownies. To me, this is one of the best brownie recipes…. The top of the brownie is nice and crisp with a candy-like texture that crackles…and the brownie itself is super rich, chocolatey and moist. You can tell that its a homemade brownie…not a boxed mix.
Rate This Recipe:
Uncle Eddie’s Homemade Brownies
- 1 Cup blocks butter don't use margarine!
- 4 squares bakers semi-sweet chocolate squares (found in baking section)
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup flour (unshifted)
- 2 cups walnuts chopped
- 4 eggs
- Mix sugar, vanilla and salt.
- Beat eggs and add one at a time to mixture.
- Heat butter and chocolate on low heat and allow to cool.
- Once chocolate mixture is cool, slowly add egg mixture to cooled chocolate and beat for 2 minutes.
- Fold in flour and nuts.
- Pour into greased 9×13 pan and bake for 25-30 minutes at 350 degrees.